Dhanush may be just two films old in Bollywood, but both Raanjhanaa and Shamitabh earned him immense critical appraise. Not just that he is a big name down South with over 25 films, and has very rarely seen a flop Friday. In Bollywood, he will next be seen in Bejoy Nambiar's remake of Mani Ratnam's Tamil film Agni Natchathiram.
Today, Dhanush turns 33, and on this special occasion, we bring you 5 things which a Bollywood fan wouldn't generally know about him. Check it out:
- Dhanush is not his real name. His actual name is Venkatesh Prabhu Kasthuri Raja. Because there were other famous celebrities having the names Venkatesh and Prabhu, he didn't want the same name. It is said that Dhanush was the name of the character he played in one of his most dear-to-heart stage plays. Thus he decided to adopt the same for his filmy career.
- Dhanush is the son of renowned film director Kasthuri Raja, and the son-in-law of Rajinikanth.
- Dhanush wanted to pursue a course in Hotel Management and become a chef. He didn't want to do anything in films. But it was his director brother Selvaraghavan who forced him to enter films. A gamble that paid off.
- Dhanush is one of the very few Indians to have won the YouTube Gold Award. He won this recognition for his song Kolaveri Di, which went viral all across the globe. The song was written by Dhanush in just 6 minutes.
Image Source: hindcine
Image Source: view7media
Image Source: popmatters
- Dhanush has won 3 National Film Awards till date. He won the Best Actor award for Aadukalam. As a producer, he won the award twice for Kaaka Muttai (Best Children's Film) and Visaranai (Best feature Film In Tamil).
SpotboyE wishes Dhanush a ‘Very Happy Birthday’.
Thumbnail Image Source: facebook/DhanushKRaja