1. Refugee (2000): Kareena Kapoor made her debut with JP Dutta’s Refugee along with Abhishek Bachchan. As a simple village girl, Kareena looked beautiful in her simplistic avatar and critics tagged her as a promising actress for her natural acting skills.
Image Source: mumbairock
2. Asoka (2001): Although Asoka failed to set the cast registers ringing, Kareena’s performance in the film was talked about. The actress’ firing portrayal of a warrior princess Kaurwaki in Santosh Sivan-directed Asoka, was unparalleled.
Image Source: makeupandbeauty
3. Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham (2001): We can’t think of one actress who could have essayed the role of Pooja Sharma (Poo) better than Bebo. From the body language to dialogue delivery, it’s almost like she was the character.
Image Source: thefashionandstyle
4. Chameli (2003): Two years since her debut film and Kareena challenged herself by playing a sex worker on screen –a role that many actresses even today will think about twice about before taking up. As for her acting skills, she surprised everyone with her act of a brash, hardened streetwalker. The actress won the Filmfare Special Award for Best Performance for her role in the film.
Image Source: bookstruck
5. Dev (2004): In the film, Kareena Kapoor essayed the role of Aaliya, Farhan’s (Fardeen Khan) love interest. The character required her to portray a woman who is vulnerable and strong at the same time and she did complete justice to it.
Image Source: listal
6. Omkara (2006): Kareena’s character (Dolly Mishra) in Vishal Bhardwaj’s Omkara was a demanding one and it wouldn’t be incorrect to say that despite the film featuring an ensemble cast, she managed to stand out. Her portrayal of a woman who goes through love, awe, bewilderment and fear was top notch.
Image Source: itsmypart
7. Jab We Met (2007): Her role of a lively and talkative Punjabi girl named Geet Dhillon who meets and inspires Aditya Kashyap (played by Shahid Kapoor) impacted a lot of girls in real life too. No wonder, the film has gained cult status.
Image Source: thebigindianpicture
8. 3 Idiots (2009): While her role (she played Pia Sahastrabudhhe who falls in love with Aamir Khan’s character, Ranchoddas Shamaldas Chanchad aka Rancho) in the film was limited, she did it with complete honesty. Reports suggest that Kareena charged a whooping Rs 8 crore for the film.
Image Source: fashionlady
9. Heroine (2012): Kareena Kapoor played Mahi Arora in Madhur Bhandarkar’s Heroine, a film on a fading star in the Hindi film industry. At the time, the actress described her role as ‘tiring’ as it demanded she portray an array of emotions. However, she ensured she didn’t disappoint her fans. Bebo wore 138 dresses making it the most expensive wardrobe of an actress ever for a Bollywood heroine.
Image Source: forumucweb
10. Talaash (2012): Kareena’s stimulating performance as a victim in Talaash, a suspense-thriller, left one and all intrigued.
Image Source: daillypicsupdate
Thumbnail Image Source: topbuzz