Today on Vinod Khanna's 71st birth anniversary, we go down memory lane and check out 7 lesser known facts about him
Vinod Khanna has been one of the most iconic stars of Bollywood over the years. Even though he passed away earlier this year, his presence will always be there for movie buffs. Today on his 71st birth anniversary, here are 9 lesser known facts about the late superstar
- Vinod Khanna has appeared in approximately 141 films, which is a rare recognition of any Bollywood star.
- Vinod Khanna is one of those few actors who started their career with negative roles and later graduate to a mainstream hero. He debuted in Sunil Dutt's 1968 film Man Ka Meet as a villain.
- Vinod Khanna was offered the title role of Rocky, which he declined, and was later done by Sanjay Dutt, who made his smashing debut in Bollywood with the film.
- Vinod Khanna was one of the first method actors in Bollywood. For a role in Mera Gaon Mera Desh, Vinod had belted himself to bleed just in order to get to the skin of the character.
- Vinod Khanna's biggest hit of his career, Qurbani (1980), was initially offered to Amitabh Bachchan. Once he declined, it was then that Vinod stepped into the film. Not just was it the biggest grosser of that year, but even the biggest hit of Khanna's career.
- Vinod Khanna was being referred to as the only actor to be able to topple Amitabh's No.1 position. However, at the very peak of his career, he left acting and went ahead to follow spirituality under Osho.
- Today's superstar, Salman Khan, considered Vinod Khanna lucky for him. Thus, in Salman's biggest career hit franchise, Dabangg, Vinod was offered the role of his father.
SpotboyE.com remembers the legend on his 71st birth anniversary today.
Image Source: viuvegam