superstar Salman Khan will once again head to court in the 1999 blackbuck
poaching case. The next date for the hearing of the case has been now pushed
to April 1.
Earlier on January 27, this year, Salman Khan had pleaded innocence and had expressed interest in producing evidence in his defense. But on February 15, Khan’s lawyer refused to produce evidence in his defense saying after a detailed perusal of the file, they decided there was no need to produce any evidence in his defence as all of them had already been produced in the court to prove his innocence. Meanwhile, the Bollywood superstar had told the court the he never went for poaching due to security reasons during the shooting of his film.
The case once again made headlines when lawyer Abha Singh lashed out at Salman earlier this month.
Image Source: hdpics
In an open declaration, Abha had said that Salman has made a mockery of the Indian judicial system. He should be tried by the courts for perjury and wasting the time of the courts. She even blasted Salman by saying if he was actually innocent then why doesn't he file a counter case. Abha also fired the police and the legal system. She said that it was now all left for the judiciary because the police and Salman's defense attorneys have not been conducting the case in a true manner.
T Salman and some of his co-stars from Hum Saath Saath Hain (1999) allegedly went on a hunt and killed an endangered species of blackbuck. This all happened when the crew was shooting for a segment of the film in Jodhpur. There were mass protests by the Bishnoi community of the area, and finally a case was lodged against the actors.
The case has been going on since then. Let's see if April 1 brings a definitive decision.
Thumbnail Image Source: indiancinemagallery