Shah Rukh Khan and his family have been basking in happiness ever since his son Aryan Khan was given a clean chit by the Narcotics Control Bureau in last year`s Cordelia cruise drug bust case. Now, Aryan has filed a plea before a special NDPS court seeking the return of his passport, reported DNA.
The special Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances Act, 1985 (NDPS) court on Thursday reportedly directed the NCB to file a reply and posted the next hearing on the same for July 13.
The aspiring actor was granted bail by the Bombay High Court on 28 October 2021 and his passport was seized by the Narcotics Control Bureau during the probe. ALSO READ | Aryan Khan Gets Clean Chit From NCB In Drug Case; Big Relief For Parents - Shah Rukh Khan and Gauri Khan-REPORTS
The recent development comes after NCB filed a 6,000-page charge sheet against 14 accused in the cruise drug bust case on May 27. However, it excludes the name of five others including Aryan Khan, who were earlier arrested in the case.
"Aryan Khan was not named in the charge sheet and his arrest along with imprisonment for 26 days was wrong, especially when no drugs of any kind were found from him. There was no evidence of any kind, there was no material of any nature in violation of any law, except the NDPS Act. We are glad that Sanjay Kumar Singh, heading the NCB SIT, investigated the matter properly and decided not to file a complaint against Aryan Khan due to lack of sufficient evidence," Aryan Khan`s lawyer, Satish Maneshinde earlier said, as quoted by DNA.
However, the Narcotics Control Bereau did not file any complaint against Aryan Khan and five others in the alleged cruise drug bust case due to a lack of "sufficient" evidence.
The recent report quoted the Deputy Director-General (DDG) of the NCB, stating that all the accused persons except Aryan and Mohak were found in possession of Narcotics.
"A complaint against 14 persons under various sections of the Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances (NDPS) Act is being filed. Complaint against rest six persons is not being filed due to the lack of evidence," he said.
In addition, apart from Aryan and five others, the NCB has submitted a complaint against all the 14 persons accused in the case. ALSO READ | Shah Rukh Khan’s Son Aryan Khan Inspired By Timothee Chalamet's Filmography, He is Working On Script And Wants To Wants To Direct A Film-REPORT
Image Source: Instagram