1. Karan Johar and Dharma Productions have constantly had success with the rom-com genre, for example, Dostana, Student Of The Year, Yeh Jawani Hai Deewani, Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhaniya, Badrinath Ki Dulhaniya, and Good Newzz, while Dharma’s darker films have often underperformed: Kurbaan, Kalank, Ungli, Brothers, Ittefaq….Well, the good news is that the Good Newzz director Raj Mehta’s Jugjugg Jeeyoo is a sunny happy (Anil) Kapoor & Sons (played by Varun Dhawan and Maniesh Paul).
2. Jugjugg Jeeyo stands up for family values. During the pandemic and beyond, families have come to realize the imperative compulsive need to be together. Jugjugg Jeeyo doesn’t try to make a big statement about the quality of existence. But it does tell us that at the of the day. what you need is Mama’s cuddle and Papa’s hi-five. Baqi kuch bacha toh mehngai maar gayi.
3. Though outwardly this is a film about two divorces Jugjugg Jeeyo s actually fiercely opposed to marriages being splintered. If you have seen Noah Baumbach’s Marriage Story you would know how painful a broken marriage is for the children. Jugjugg Jeeyo starts off as a divorce story but eventually tells us about the importance of keeping the family together. ALSO RAED: Varun Dhawan And Kiara Advani’s Sizzling Chemistry in Jugjugg Jeeyo Leaves Fans In Aww; Call Them ‘Hottest Jodi’
4. This is the first time Anil Kapoor and Neetu Kapoor will be seen together in spite of being in the industry for 45 years. The two Kapoors look so compatible together it’s like watching Neetu with her favourite co-star Rishi Kapoor. In fact, Jugjugg Jeeyo was originally planned with Rishi Kapoor, Neetu Kapoor with Ranbir Kapoor playing their son.
5. Jugjugg Jeeyo comes at a time when audiences want laughter and sunshine in their lives. After Bhool Bhulaiya 2, it’s time for another happy film. After Jugjugg Jeeyo there is Aanand L Rai’s Raksha Bandhan in August, another film filled warmth and sunshine, followed by the Kartik Aryan showstopper Shehzada in November to dispel our gloom this year. Happy happying.