Lootera has been one of the most path breaking movies in Ranveer Singh's career. Early on in his career, he nailed the character of an emotionally challenged, and perhaps, abused, con-man. His chemistry with Sonakshi Sinha was the high-point of the movie. But did you know his look in the movie was inspired by Dev Anand?
1) Ranveer Singh’s 1950s look was supposed to be a fusion of Dev Anand and James Dean. Did he look like either? We cannot say.
2) Released on July 3, 2013, Lootera was not a Box Office success. The tender slender love story between a con-man and a dying painter benefitted from the real-life chemistry between Ranveer Singh and Sonakshi Sinha.
3) Based on O’Henry’s short story The Last Leaf, Lootera took the basic heartbreaking plot premise of a man who convinces his dying wife that as long as the tree outside her window will have even a single leaf -- she won’t die -- and padded it up with a story that tended to oscillate between the incredible and the emotional. The film, though not devoid of merit, was finally not convincing enough in its dramatic thrusts.
4) Shot in Dalhousie (Kashmir), the shooting had to be cancelled due to heavy snowfall. The producers lost Rs 1 crore. When Kashmir was snowed under, Ranveer insisted on going alone to Dalhousie to check out the density of the snow. He insisted on exploring the snowscape with the unit. He stayed outdoors in the freezing cold for one whole day and returned convinced that the Dalhousie schedule would have to be postponed. Sonakshi was warned just in time before she left for Dalhousie.
5) The snowfall in 2012 in Dalhousie was the most intense in 17 years. About 40 per cent of the Ranveer-Sonakshi romance in Lootera unfolded in the snowfall. So there was no getting away from the snow. The rest was shot in Puruliya. Sonakshi braved through the rough outdoors. Her father Shatrughan Sinha is rightly proud of Sonakshi’s performance. He thinks it’s her best to date.
Image source: SpotboyE archives, Instagram/ranveeriansworldwidefc