Early this month, model turned actress Andria D'Souza, had filed an FIR against the CEO of Salman Khan’s clothing company Being Human, Manish Mandhana, who’s also the CEO of Mandhana Retail Ventures Ltd, accusing him of physical assault, so much so that she lost hearing power in one ear.

The latest update on the case is that D’Souza is extremely disappointed at how the Gamdevi police station has not taken any action, yet against Mandhana.

Speaking to Mid-day about the same, she said, “I patiently waited for a week after which I took an appointment with the joint commissioner. He heard me out and assured me that he would personally follow up on the case, but I haven't heard from anyone since." Another visit to the police station on Monday, with her lawyer Falguni Brahmabhatt, yielded no results. The model said, "Senior inspector Gokulsingh Patil told me that the investigation is still on. I filed the complaint and submitted all my medical documents at the time of filing the FIR. I don't understand the reason for the delay."

However, Inspector Patil has told the leading tabloid, "The investigation is underway. We are getting medical reports verified by doctors. We will submit our findings in court."

On March 6, D'souza had revealed how she had met Mandhana for the first time in Dubai in 2015 during the launch of a Being Human store. She had told Mid-day, "We started chatting on social media in October 2015. Since 2013, I have been shuttling between Dubai and Mumbai in search of work in movies, and I finally shifted base to Mumbai in December 2015. I met Manish in person then, and we hit it off instantly. I was aware that he was married, but he lied to me saying that his marriage was practically over, and that his wife and he were staying together for their kids. I believed him. We were in a happy space until mid-2017 when I learnt that he had said similar things to another woman and later dumped her. When I confronted him, he denied it.”

The Kamasutra 3D actress revealed that he had first physically assaulted her in August 2017 and then again a month later. She had further told Mid-day, “I received snapshots of his [flirtatious] chats with another woman. When I told him that I would tell his wife [of his indiscretions], he turned violent. It was only after four days that I found the strength to get to a doctor. [Following the episode], my health started declining - I would get convulsions and slipped into depression. It was only six months later that my cousin took me to Jaslok Hospital [for treatment]. There, I was told that the nerve in my right ear was damaged. I messaged his wife but I don't think she was interested in listening to me."

Images Source: instagram/
imandriadsouza/beingsalmankhan, sanjeevnitoday.com

They say the best things in life are free! India’s favourite music channels 9XM, 9X Jalwa, 9X Jhakaas & 9X Tashan are available Free-To-Air.  Make a request for these channels from your Cable, DTH or HITS operator.