Saree, not sorry! Those days are long gone when women wore heavy and embellished sarees with only a matching blouse. But that's not the case anymore. Be it a printed saree or a pre-draped one, women are now having fun with sarees every now and then. Bollywood stars showcasing different styles, sarees are now reinvented, stylish and pretty comfortable to wear! And that what Taapsee Pannu has been showing us for the past few days.
Who knew saree can be draped in these ways as well. Thanks, Taapsee for bringing this to our attention. While the saree is the best way to show femininity and power, Taapsee is making sure to give it her own twist. During Mission Mangal promotions, the actress has shown us a gazillion saree looks but rather going vanilla, she gave a twist to each and every sarees. Though some seemed to work well on Taapsee's favour while some just made us go 'uh...why this?'
1. Wore a Soup By Sougat Paul saree, paired with a sleeveless denim jacket and sneakers. To be honest, this could have been a better look, but the saree's print didn't seem to go well with the jacket.
2. Wore a starfish saree from Priyal Prakash House Of Design and Vimata Jacket from the collection Santorini. Dressed in all whites, we absolutely loved this look! With metallic eye shadow and dazzling earrings, Taapsee looked great!
3. Wore a Bloni purple saree featuring a sheer bell-sleeved blouse. This look was a big turn off! From her saree choice to the blouse, everything doesn't seem perfect!
4. Wore a classic black pre-draped saree from Tarun Tahiliani featuring multi-coloured blouse. Chic, effortless and cool- that's what we have to say about her look.
5. Wore an Aapro saree. While the sari itself looked cute, between the big floral earrings and the cutout collared shirt blouse, it felt more kiddish. But Taapsee’s look was refreshingly different.
6. Wore a floral print dhoti saree by Nikasha. Draping the saree in dhoti style with one side ruffle sleeve blouse was MEH! Considering the saree itself was s busy, wearing the hair in the braided middle-parted bun was a good move.
7. Wore a printed Shivan & Narresh saree and beaded blouse. I don't know what was she trying to pull off here? The one thing that was a winner here was her dutch braid.
8. Wore ash rose sculpt jumpsuit saree from Bhaavya Bhatnagar. Liked her contemporary look as she rounded her get-up with a choker, nude heels and curled ponytail.
9. Wore a handwoven Karnataka silk saree from Latha Puttanna, paired with a sheer elegant organza blouse. Keeping her curls perfect and pairing pink hoop earrings, Taapsee looked extremely gorgeous.
10. Wore a Urvashi Kaur outfit. We honestly didn't see this coming. Wearing a khadi handwoven kurta as blouse and saree is surely going to make head turn.
11. Wore a handwoven Zari Denim from Amita Gupta. Not a big fan of the tissue saree but the actress did manage to pull it off. Plus, this is the third time, Pannu teamed her saree with a belt.
12. Wore a Strach saree. Suit + Saree = Awesome. We liked this combination. The Badla actress carried it with panache.
So which one did you like the most? Tell us in the comments below.
Image source: Instagram/ @devs213 / Viral Bhayani
They say the best things in life are free! India’s favourite music channels 9XM, 9X Jalwa, 9X Jhakaas, 9X Tashan, 9XO are available Free-To-Air. Make a request for these channels from your Cable, DTH or HITS operator.