Raksha Bandhan is right around the corner, and siblings everywhere are ready to mark this day with much excitement. The festival is a Hindu festival honouring the special bond shared between siblings. Interestingly, it is celebrated enthusiastically in all parts of India.
For the unversed, the festival falls on the full moon day (Purnima) of Shravan or Sawan month. On this day the sisters tie Rakhi on their brother’s wrists and wish them a long, prosperous and happy life. In return, the brothers promise to protect their sisters throughout their life, but modern-day rituals call for a tweak. Siblings also exchange special gifts on this day, with brother pampering sisters with their favourite things. ALSO READ | When is Raksha Bandhan 2022? Date, Shubh Muhurat, Significance And Importance - Everything You Need To Know About Rakhi Festival
Well, consider this a friendly reminder to buy a gift for your sister as well!
As per the tradition, sisters put tilak on their brother's forehead, tie a Rakhi around the wrist, eat sweets, and exchange gifts on this day.
The Rakhi ritual reaffirms the bond and support shared between siblings. Additionally, by tying the Rakhi, the brothers promise to protect their sisters, fulfil their wishes, give blessings, and support them in every endeavour of their lives. Nowadays, siblings also buy Rakhis signifying their special bond.
On the special occasion, if your sibling is far away from you this time, we at SpotboyE have compiled a series of images and quotes for your Whatsapp statuses for you to wish your siblings to wish them a very happy Raksha Bandhan.
WhatsApp WISHES, GREETINGS, And IMAGES
1. “Sometimes being a brother is even better than being a superhero"- Marc Brown, American Author
2. “Having a sister is like having a best friend you can’t get rid of. You know whatever you do, they’ll still be there."– Amy Li
3. “There’s no other love like the love for a brother. There’s no other love like the love from a brother." -Astrid Alauda
4. I wish you were here with me, tying rakhi on my wrist and fighting with me for you gift. Miss you sister!
5. The only thing that brings tears in my eyes is missing your annoying laughter and love-filled fights. This rakhi, I am sending blessings your way!
6. Dear sister, on the day of Raksha Bandhan, I want to thank you for each and everything you did for me. You are a gift to my heart and a friend to my spirit. Thanks for making life so beautiful.
7. It is amazing that we get to grow up together. You are as sweet as sugar. You are the best friend and wonderful brother a sister can ask for. Thank you, brother, for showering your abundant love on me and supporting me always. On this precious occasion of Raksha Bandhan, I pray to God to bless you with long life and good health. Happy Raksha Bandhan to you dearest brother!
8. This Raksha Bandhan, I pray to God to give my handsome brother good health, long life, a world of happiness, positivity, peace and all that he desires for. Happy Raksha Bandhan to my lovely brother!!
9. Sending you a thread of love which will bind our heart and life and makes our bond of togetherness stronger. Happy Raksha Bandhan! Wishing you a very Happy Raksha Bandhan!!
10. Sister you are like rose petals and brother is like the thorns. When a sister blooms beautifully, a brother is there is protect her so that no one plucks it. Happy Raksha Bandhan!
We hope you enjoy Raksha Bandhan this year and SpotboyE wishes you a very ‘Happy Raksha Bandhan 2022’.
Image Source: Instagram