Every year first friday of June in USA is celebrated as National Doughnuts Day. This year the day falls on June 5, 2020. The day was established in 1938 to celebrate the Salvation Army Workers, also known as doughnut girls, who provided free Doughnuts to American Troops during World War 1. Stores in America offers free doughnuts to people on National Doughnut Day. On the occassion of National Doughnut Day 2020, we bring you five delicious fun facts about the yummy doughnuts.
5 Delicious fun facts about doughnuts
1. Oregon-based Voodoo Doughnut was initially used to sell medicinal doughnuts which were coated with Nyquil or Pepto Bismol.
2. Boston has most doughnut shops, it has one doughnut shop for every 2480 people.
3. About 10 billion doughnuts are made every year in United states of America.
4. The largest doughnut was an American-style jelly donut which weighed about 1.7 tons.
5. Adolph Levitt first invented the doughnut machine in year 1920.
They say the best things in life are free! India’s favourite music channels 9XM, 9X Jalwa, 9X Jhakaas & 9X Tashan are available Free-To-Air. Make a request for these channels from your Cable, DTH or HITS operator.