With the whole country coming to a standstill due to the lockdown caused by COVID-19, people’s routine and their lives have completely changed as almost everyone is staying indoors and not stepping out. This does mean a considerably high amount of time being spent at home and no outdoor activities at all. This has led to people spending a lot more time on their phones and subsequently on the internet. The lockdown has been in place for the last three weeks, and has now further been extended until May 3.
The most common search engine to search for any information on the internet has been Google for a very long time and there has been a surge of Google searches during the lockdown. Here we list down the top 10 searches by Indians on Google, over the last three weeks, which also indicates what the current scenario is. The list is completely dominated by Coronavirus led topics, which is quite expected. People have been searching about Coronavirus, tips to prevent it, take precautions and much more, to keep themselves educated and updated about everything there is to know.
Without further ado, here’s a list of 10 most popular searches on Google by Indians over the last three weeks:
1. Coronavirus tips: It has over 10 million searches
2. Coronavirus: More than 5 million searches
3. Lockdown Extension: Exceeded 1 million searches
4. Covid-19: More than 7 lakh searches
5. Hydroxychloroquine: Over 6 lakh searches
6. Coronavirus Symptoms: More than 5 lakh searches
7. Aarogya Setu app: It has more than 3.2 lakh searches
8. Lockdown: Over 2 lakh searches
9. Aarogya Setu: More than 2 lakh searches
10. Coronavirus Prevention: More than 2 lakh searches
This was just a list of 10 most popular searches. The list goes on, followed by other terms such as India Covid-19 tracker, Aarogya setu apps download, Lockdown in India, and much more.
Image Source: Instagram/who, WebMD
They say the best things in life are free! India’s favourite music channels 9XM, 9X Jalwa, 9X Jhakaas & 9X Tashan are available Free-To-Air. Make a request for these channels from your Cable, DTH or HITS operator.