Of late, TikTok has been mired with controversy ever since TikTok sensation Faizal Siddiqui’s acid attack video went viral on social media, leading to a suspension of his account. This also left the Twitterverse fuming and demanded a ban after promoting rape and acid attack on the platform. But on the other side, with the lockdown period, more and more celebs like Shilpa Shetty, Jay Bhanushali, Jannat Zubair, Shehnaaz Gill, Avneet Kaur and many more have relied on TikTok for some entertainment and to entertain their fans amidst the lockdown.
Despite TikTok has been hogging the limelight for not very good reasons, there are millions of users creating and sharing videos on a daily basis, apart from celebs. As people are going gaga over the platform, we are quite certain that most of the users are aware of all the basic features that TikTok offers but, FYI, there are several other features that the platform provides its users and we are again quite sure that many are not aware of it. Hence, here we are, to let you know about some features that you can use to catch up. Take a look at it below:
1. Age gate: If you are less than 13 years, then this TikTok platform is not for you. The app has an age limit and above users aged 13 years and above are allowed to login and create an account on the platform so that underage users do not use the platform.
2. Screen time management: In case you are not aware, the same feature has been installed on Instagram as well. A user can set a time limit where the user will get a reminder alert that they have been spending way too much time on the app than set by the users themselves. Interestingly, the feature is password-protected, hence if users reach their screen time limit they will need to re-enter the password to continue.
3. Language feature: Language can be a barrier while interacting or commenting on certain videos, hence, this feature allows users to self-define words in Hindi and English from the comments section. Plus point, the users can also alter this list whenever they it is required.
4. Risk warning tag: Not every video on the platform is appropriate or contains no risks, there might be some videos that include all this. Therefore, this feature has been installed so that a user can tag to videos that contain risks.
5. Family Pairing: Since the TikTok app has gained a lot of flak for kids indulging in the cringe content, there’s a feature that will help you to link and unlink TikTok accounts where teens’ parents can set safety and privacy settings accordingly. Once enabled, they will be able to control Digital Wellbeing features.
6. In-app reporting: The report feature is something that has been installed in almost every app and once hit the report button when a user finds it objectionable content or behaviour on TikTok, the action is then taken by the owners.
Image source: Instagram/ jannatzubair29/ theshilpashetty/ avneetkaur_13/ shehnaazgill
They say the best things in life are free! India’s favourite music channels 9XM, 9X Jalwa, 9X Jhakaas & 9X Tashan are available Free-To-Air. Make a request for these channels from your Cable, DTH or HITS operator.