Music Executive LA Reid Accused Of Sexual Assault By Ex-Worker And Claimed He That Derailed Her Career-READ BELOW

Drew Dixon left Arista in 2002 and contends that her "meteoric trajectory" in the music business was cut short by Reid's harassment

3087 Reads |  

Music Executive LA Reid Accused Of Sexual Assault By Ex-Worker And Claimed He That Derailed Her Career-READ BELOW
Antonio "L.A." Reid, the Grammy-winning music executive who influenced the career of artists including Pink, Usher and Mariah Carey, has landed in trouble. The music mogul was sued by a former music executive, Drew Dixon claimed that he sexually assaulted her and derailed her career. 

Dixon filed the lawsuit on Wednesday in a New York federal court and she even worked for Reid when he was chief executive of Arista Records. The former music executive also alleged that Reid sexually assaulted her twice in 2001, later cut her budget and sidelined artists when she rebuffed his continuing advances.

As per the reports, Dixon left Arista in 2002 and contends that her "meteoric trajectory" in the music business was cut short by Reid's harassment.

"This litigation is not only about the horrific physical assaults that Ms. Dixon had to endure but it is also about the irreparable damage done to the rare and blossoming career of an extraordinary talent," the lawsuit said and Drew Dixon is seeking unspecified damages.


The Associated Press does not typically name people who say they were sexually assaulted unless they come forward publicly. 

Messages left for Joel Katz, an attorney who represented Reid when Dixon first made her allegations public in 2017, weren't immediately returned on Wednesday night.

The Associated Press wasn’t able to immediately find a publicist, agent, or other contact number for Reid. A New York Times report, which first reported the news of the lawsuit, stated that Reid did not respond to multiple requests for comment on Wednesday.


Dixon sued under New York state's Adult Survivors Act, passed last year, which allows alleged victims of sexual abuse a one-year window to sue even if the original statute of limitations has passed. The deadline is November 24.

Reid left his position as CEO of Epic Records in 2017, after a former female assistant accused him of sexual harassment. He had told The New York Times: "I'm proud of my track record promoting, supporting and uplifting women at every company I've ever run. That notwithstanding, if I have ever said anything capable of being misinterpreted, I apologize unreservedly."

Image Source: Instagram
Advertisement