State of West Bengal A whole snake in the mid-day meal of p.s Mayureshwar Mandalpur Primary School in Birbhum.— Rajesh Dutta (@RajeshD35635873) January 9, 2023
Many children are sick after eating this cooked food.
Who is responsible for this ?? @MajiDevDutta @jdhankhar1 @rashtrapatibhvn @SuvenduWB @anjanaomkashyap @aajtak pic.twitter.com/RyBJBJKvl0
In a rather shocking turn of events, children of a primary school in the West Bengal’s Birbhum fell sick and were hospitalized after consuming food in which a snake was found. A slew of pictures of the snake insider the container - used to serve the mid-day meal to the children - have surfaced online and the images have been going viral now.
The unsettling report comes from a school in Mayureswar block and around 30 students fell ill after consuming the food which was served to them in the mid-day meal, the officials shared.
The latest report suggests that a school staff who had prepared the meal also claimed that a snake was found in one of the containers filled with lentils. “We had to rush the children to Rampurhat Medical College and Hospital as they started vomiting,” he said as reported by India.com.
Dipanjan Jana, the block development officer informed the media that complaints have been received from several villagers about the children falling sick after eating the mid-day meal. “I have informed the district inspector of primary schools who will visit on January 10,” Jana said.
All the children, except for one, have been discharged from the hospital. However, an official said that he is out of danger. A police officer said the guardians surrounded the headmaster of the school and damaged his two-wheeler. The gherao was later lifted, he said.
Image Source: Twitter