Bollywood superstar Salman Khan can now heave a sigh of relief. As per reports, the Bombay High Court, on Thursday, granted the stay on the process (summons) issued to the actor by a lower court in connection with the alleged misbehaviour with a journalist in 2019. For the unversed, Journalist Ashok Pandey in his complaint alleged that he was threatened and assaulted by Salman and his bodyguard Nawaz Shaikh for filming the actor while he was riding a cycle on the streets. In the wake of this, a magistrate court issued summons to both.
Now in the latest development, Salman has got a big relief as the court has extended the stay on the summons against the actor and his bodyguard till June 13. As per a report in Etimes TV, Salman’s counsel had challenged the summons in HC last month, and following this, the stay was extended till May 5. And, yesterday, the court further extended it till June 13. However, Ashok Pandey has reportedly filed an affidavit in the Bombay HC where he opposed the court’s decision of extending the stay on summons.
Ashok Pandey had also alleged that Salman assaulted and threatened him after they had a heated argument. The complaint said that the Sultan actor and his bodyguard Shaikh abused him for filming the actor while he was cycling on a road in Mumbai. However, in his petition, Salman Khan has denied all such allegations and asserted that he had not said anything to Ashok Pandey during the alleged incident. ALSO READ: Kabhi Eid Kabhi Diwali: Salman Khan To Kick-Off The Shooting From Second Week Of May At His THIS Favourite Location; DEETS INSIDE
Meanwhile, Salman is currently busy shooting for his upcoming films. Post wrapping up Tiger 3, he will begin the shoot of his next project ‘Kabhi Eid Kabhi Diwali’ from the second week of May at Mehboob Studio in Bandra, Mumbai.