Ranveer Singh is one of the most loved stars in Bollywood. The actor made his debut with Aditya Chopra's Band Baaja Baaraat and then, there was no looking back for the actor. He went on to feature in films and proved his versatility as an actor. The actor never fails to impress and always delivers spectacular performance onscreen. He has come a long way in his career. Today, on the occasion of his birthday, here are ten unknown and interesting facts about him that you must know.
1. Ranveer Singh injured his shoulder during the shooting of Bajirao Mastani also suffered a serious leg injury during the shooting of Lootera.
2. He almost lost his first role in Band Baaja Baraat. Ranveer was out with a girl when Yashraj’s casting director Shanu Sharma called him. Ranveer refused to take Shanu’s calls, as in his own words he had other things on his mind during the date with the girl (who was she?).
3. The minute Aditya Chopra saw Ranveer he immediately decided to cast him in the lead in Band Baaja Baraat. Ranveer was the first debutant to be launched by Yashraj as a solo hero.
4. When he started out as an actor Ranveer seriously thought of changing his name as it sounded too similar to Ranbir.
5. There were ugly rumours that Band Baaja Baraat had been funded by Ranveer’s businessman-father, a rumour that Ranveer stoutly denied.
6. Ranveer and his first co-star Anushka Sharma bickered endlessly during shooting of Band Baaja Baaraat, the reason being their different approaches to acting. She never went to an acting school. He is a trained actor.
7. Ranveer played a smooth talking ladies’ con-man in his second film Ladies versus Rickie Bahl and his third film Lootera
8. Ranveer was the first choice for Anurag Kashyap’s Bombay Velvet. But his dates clashed with Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s Ram Leela.
9. Ranveer has zero financial acumen. Entrepreneur father takes care of his finances.
10. To this day Ranveer seeks career advice from his father, Aditya Chopra and his first director Maneesh Sharma.
Image source: SpotboyE archive