The Family Man's first season was a huge success. And now, The Family Man's second season is all set to release. The trailer received an amazing response from the audience. The second season starring Manoj Bajpayee, Priyamani, Samantha Akkineni and Sharib Hashmi is all set to premiere on Amazon Prime Video tomorrow i.e. June 4. There's no doubt that many are eagerly looking forward to the release. However ahead of its release, here are 5 things you must look out for!
1. The series’ highlight is….no prizes for guessing… Samantha Akkineni. A single solitary woman haunted by her imperfect past and tense about her present. She plays Rajalaxmi almost like a Clark Kent-Superman split personality. On Chennai’s crowded bus and at her workplace she is docile submissive working woman taking unending sexual harassment in her stride like a meek mouse. But then her violent past erupts and boy, does she hit back! Watch out for Samantha’s kickass combat sequence at the beginning of the third episode. For an actress who has never shown any sign of violence before, not even a slap, where was she hiding all this angst?? Samantha provides us with a feast of fury.
2. The story moves forward from where we left it off in Season 1 at a chemical factory in Delhi where terrorists planned to release toxic fumes that would kill most of Delhi. Rest assured, FM fans, Delhi is safe. Chennai under threat now .But Shrikant is no longer a part of the special task force custom-built to deal with such national emergencies. But then once a taskable force.
3. Manoj Bajpayee’s Srikant Tiwari is struggling with his 9-5 whitecollar job, just to keep his family together . He takes all the bullying from his boss (half his age) played by Kaustubh Kumar who for better or worse will be known as the ‘Minimum Guy’ for the rest of his life. Manoj’s retaliatory violence against his bullying boss is so savagely funny, only Manoj could pull it off with such a straight face.
4. Oh, and India has another female prime minister. Or so we are told. She is Bengali and she’s played by the enormously talented Seema Biswas who is not a Bengali but an Assamese. Seema’s prime ministerial act is a steely-willed force of nature. She will remind you of a Bengali female politician who never says never-again.
5. Look out for a very clever, very sly tribute to Sholay in Episode 1 and to Salman Khan in Episode 3. And happy viewing. This is one sequel you can comfortably count on to not let you down.
Image source: instagram/youtube
They say the best things in life are free! India’s favourite music channels 9XM, 9X Jalwa, 9X Jhakaas & 9X Tashan are available Free-To-Air. Make a request for these channels from your Cable, DTH or HITS operator.