Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah's Bhide aka Mandar Chandwadkar contracted Coronavirus recently. The actor resulted positive for COVID-19 on March 17 and since then he went under self-isolation. However, the actor is feeling fit now and soon wants to get back to his shooting. He has also tested negative in his latest report three days back.
Talking to SpotboyE.com exclusively, Mandar Chandrwadkar said, "I got tested negative three days back. I was asymptomatic, so I knew that results will come negative only. But quarantine period was 14 days. So, I did follow that and was under self-quarantine in my room. I was in touch with my doctor and taking medication. Now, my doctor has also told me that you can start working. After which I have informed my production house about it and I may even start shooting from this Friday." Also read: Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah's Bhide AKA Mandar Chandwadkar Tests Positive For COVID-19
Sharing his experience about his quarantine period, he said, "I just had mild cold and there was no other symptom. On March 16 I did Pooja at home in the evening and burnt camphor. However, I wasn't getting any smell. So, I realised something is not right and I immediately quarantined myself in a room for precautionary reason and went for a test very next day. Unfortunately, the result was positive and I went under self quarantine for 14 days. Had no major symptoms though. I stay with my wife and son but thankfully they were not infected by it. I was also not very stressed for myself as I know I have a good immune system. I do my exercise regularly. Only thing I was feeling stressed about was now for 14 days I have to stay at one place. But one thing is there in 13 years this has been the longest gap which I have got and it's only because of Corona." Also read: TMKOC’s Bhide AKA Mandar Chandwadkar Tests Positive For COVID-19: Sodhi AKA Gurucharan Singh Wishes Him A Speedy Recovery
Mandar, who is gearing up to be back on the sets and resume shooting for Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah doesn't feel that a second lockdown will help us to decrease the cases, "I don't believe in lockdown as such. Last year only we all experienced lockdown, although it didn't help much and cases were increasing only. Although people had to suffer for their livelihood. I don't think lockdown will get us the solution. But yes restricting things to an extent like night curfew in Mumbai maybe required. Taking all the precautions and not stepping out of the house if not required will definitely help."
He added, "Moreover, with my experience, I can tell you that this virus is in the air. Because I have been taking all the precautions and I am sure just like me a lot of people who have contracted this Virus must be doing the same. Like Sachin Tendulkar must also being taking utmost care but it still reached to our bodies. I feel the virus must have changed it's type now and it is like a viral which comes to your body and goes away. But it is infectious so we have to take care and keep our immunity strong. So that we can fight with it and live our life."
Image source: Instagram/realmandarchandwadkar