Born as Jennifer Lynn Lopez, the talented actress, singer, dancer, and producer is a global icon known for her work in Hollywood. Jennifer also known as J-Lo has impressed all with her work in many films, while her music is known to all. Lopez began her career in 1991, as a Fly Girl dancer on In Living Color, where she remained a regular until she decided to pursue an acting career in 1993. For her first leading role in the 1997 Selena, a biopic of the same name and further went on to receive a Golden Globe nomination.
Jennifer went on to star in 1997 film Anaconda and 1998 film Out of Sight, later establishing herself as the highest-paid Latin actress in Hollywood. Jennifer has had a career spanning more than two decades, and she’s still going strong. While much of this singer’s life has been put on display to the public, there are still some rare and little-known facts that most people don’t know. Here, are 8 facts on the diva that you surely missed to notice
1. Jennifer is born as Jennifer Lynn Lopez on July 24, 1969 in her hometown neighborhood in Bronx and her nickname there was "The Supernova". She also describes herself as a Tomboy as she has a scar on her forehead that she got from banging her head into a table. She was reportedly running around a mall when she incurred the scar.
2. Jennifer is really good at sports and was a star athlete in school. She was involved in gymnastics, track, and softball. She even competed in track on a national level.
3. While growing up, J’Lo has always been a very fit lady. Her nickname at the gyms was "La Guitarra" because her body curved like a guitar.
4. Jennifer Lopez was paid $1 million for her first headlining role as Selena Quintanilla-Pérez in 1997 film Selena.
5. J’Lo is also the first actress to have a movie (The Wedding Planner) and an album hit number one in the same week. Lopez's second album, JLo, was released on January 23, 2001 and it was an instant hit again.
6. Jennifer Lopez has been married and divorced three times, her first being 9 months, second 13 months and the third longing for 7 years.
7. Jennifer’s third husband and popular singer Marc Anthony’s nickname for her was, ‘Lola’ and has two twin kids, son Maximilian David and a daughter, Emme Maribel from him.
8. Jennifer is currently engaged to Alex Rodriguez, former American baseball player
Jennifer Lopez is a diva and keeps inspiring us with her amazing fitness and motivation at work even at 50, the actress-singer-dancer-producer is surely giving us goals
Image source: Instagram/ Jennifer Lopez
They say the best things in life are free! India’s favourite music channels 9XM, 9X Jalwa, 9X Jhakaas, 9X Tashan, 9XO are available Free-To-Air. Make a request for these channels from your Cable, DTH or HITS operator.