If you are a space enthusiast, you will be thrilled to know that tonight the ‘Great Conjunction’ of Jupiter and Saturn will be occurred. The best part is, it will be seen from the Earth without any special equipment.
There is no doubt calling this stunning phenomenon “Once-in-a-lifetime treat”, if you can eye-witness this. It is not always two giant planets align most stunning way. Jupiter and Saturn both will be appeared as a huge bright star in the sky. Henry Throop astronomer in the Planetary Science Division at National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) Headquarters in Washington wrote, “Conjunctions like this could happen on any day of the year, depending on where the planets are in their orbits,”.
About four centuries ago, these two planets came closer and let this celestial event occur on the night sky. On 16th July 1623 was the day to witness this event. After such prolonged time, this phenomenon again will appear this Monday on 21st December 2020. It will again happen in the year 2080. "Find a spot with an unobstructed view of the sky, such as a field or park. Jupiter and Saturn are bright, so they can be seen even from most cities," NASA twitted.
Jupiter Saturn ‘Great Conjunction’: How To Watch It In Your City?
1. Everyone around the world will be able to see this stunning event.
2. Sky-gazers can see this rare celestial event with their naked eyes.
3. Jupiter and Saturn will be aligned in such a way that they both will create a bright big star in the sky.
4. From India, you can see this celestial event happening around 6.30-7.30 pm on Monday, 21st December 2020
5. Sky-watchers who have telescopes, will be able to see four large moons orbiting the planet.
5. The interesting part is, you can see how stunningly both the planets will come closet that even a pinkie finger at arm's length can cover the planets in the night sky.
Image source: Twitter/esa