The world is all set to witness, a lunar eclipse which is also known as Blue Moon or Chandra Grahan, on November 08. Interestingly, this will be the second lunar eclipse of the year that will take place in November.
For the unversed, the eclipse will be visible over the Pacific and South America, while the rising moon will be visible from Australia, Asia, and North-east Europe. However, the setting moon will be visible over South America and eastern North America.
PASS IT ON: Total Lunar Eclipse & #BloodMoon is arriving during the early morning hours before sunrise on November 8th across the United States & Canada! #LunarEclipse #Space pic.twitter.com/gY7m1Iz5gm— Mark Tarello (@mark_tarello) November 3, 2022
Interestingly, some regions of India and the world will see a total eclipse of the moon post a fortnight post the partial solar eclipse. It is also said to be one of the most important astronomical events of the world and it has been given the name ‘Blood Moon’ as the celestial body will appear in a red hue on the night of the eclipse.
However, the upcoming event has sparked a series of discussions amongst the masses and many are quite concerned about the ancient stories and weird myths about the cosmic event of a lunar eclipse.
It’s time you look beyond what you have seen, watched or heard in folklore, movies, songs and mythological movies and read about the Lunar Eclipse 2022 superstition that will blow your mind.
Some Of These Are Chandra Grahan 2022 Superstitions:
- Believers don't eat or drink anything during the Chandra Grahan. This practice starts nine hours before the eclipse. However, you can protect the food from contamination by putting Tulsi in it.
- People who consider astrology don't commit to any big or essential deals during the eclipse of the Moon.
- People also take a bath after the lunar eclipse to wash all their sins and the negative effect of the celestial event.
- Another lunar eclipse superstition says that the Chandra Grahan can have an unfavourable impact on an unborn child. For this reason, pregnant women are advised to stay indoors and away from sharp objects during the eclipse.
- People also avoid sexual activities during Chandra Grahan.
- It is recommended to make donations on the day of the lunar eclipse and offer water to the soul of a deceased family member.
- Folks also recite mantras and Japa while the Chandra Grahan persists.
We would like to warn you, these are only myths and Chandra Grahan multiplies your actions. According to Tibetan Buddhists, all kinds of good and bad deeds performed during a lunar eclipse multiply manifold times.
Image Source: Instagram