The nine-day festival Navratri is one of the most auspicious festivals for Hindus and it is celebrated across the entire nation with great pomp. The festival is observed twice a year, in spring and autumn. On Sharad Navratri, devotees worship the nine incarnations of Goddess Durga, known as Navdurga.
This year, Sharad Navratri will be celebrated from September 26 to October 4, in Shukla Paksha of the month of Ashwin as per the Hindu calendar.
As the second day of Navaratri approaches, the second form of Navdurga, Maa Brahmacharini is worshipped.
She is known to adorn a peaceful and pleasant look in white clothes. She holds a japa mala (a string of beads) in one hand and a Kamandal, a traditional water pot in another hand. According to Hindu scriptures, Goddess Brahmacharini pursued penance to appease Lord Shiva.
Navratri 2022 Day 2: Date and Muhurat
The second day of Navratri marks September 27. According to the Drik Panchang, the Dwitiya Tithi will be in effect from 3:08 AM on September 27 to 2:28 AM on September 28.
Navratri 2022 Day 2: Colour
On the second day of Navratri, the colour to be worn is Red.
For the unversed, red is associated with fierce nature and rage.
Navratri 2022 Day 2: Significance, Mantra
It is believed that the individuals who worship Maa Brahmacharin are granted peace and happiness. She is believed to hold her control over Lord Mangal, the controller of fortunes, and provides her followers with wisdom and happiness.
On this day here are the three Mantra you should chant:
- Om Dadhana Karapadmabhyamakshamala Kamandalu
- Devi Prasidatu Mayi Brahmacharinyanuttama
- Om Devi Brahmacharinyai Namah ॥
Navratri 2022 Day 2: Puja Vidhi
Here’s a list of all the Puja Vidhi that should be done:
- On this day, the devotees wake up early to be present for the morning puja.
- They’re expected to wear fresh and clean clothes for the puja.
- The idol of Goddess Brahmacharini is dipped in honey and milk and finally, vermillion is applied to the forehead of the idol.
- Devotees offer flowers, sandalwood, milk, rice, curd, and honey to the Goddess Brahmacharini during the puja.
- She is worshipped with Hibiscus and white Lotus flowers during the pooja.
Bhog To Offer For Goddess Brahmacharini:
On Day 2 of Navratri, offer prasad of sugar.