TERRIFYING! Electric Scooter Battery BLASTS While Charging, Unfortunate Incident Leads To Death Of 7-year-old Boy, Probe Initiated

Shabbir Ansari, the 7-year-old boy, succumbed to his injuries after he sustained over 70 per cent burns when an electric scooter’s battery exploded at his home

11804 Reads |  

TERRIFYING! Electric Scooter Battery BLASTS While Charging, Unfortunate Incident Leads To Death Of 7-year-old Boy, Probe Initiated
In a rather unfortunate incident, a 7-year-old boy died as an electric scooter battery exploded while charging at home. 

According to an ANI report, the boy passed away on Sunday evening while being treated for his injuries. The toddler was critically injured in an e-scooter blast that occurred while it was getting charged in Vasai, Palghar. A case has been registered and further investigation has been initiated, assured the Manikpur Police Station.

The 7-year-old boy, Shabbir Ansari, succumbed to his injuries and a recent report suggests that he sustained over 70 per cent burns when an electric scooter’s battery exploded at his home. His grandmother was sleeping in the living room when the explosion occurred. 

Ansari's father plugged in the EV battery for charging and woke up to shock as the battery exploded. 

As per the Indian Express reports, the EV battery fire incident took place at around 4:30 am on September 23. The grandmother suffered minor injuries while Ansari had over 70 per cent burns and was rushed to the hospital where he breathed his last. 

The reports further suggest that it was a detachable 24 Ah Lithium Ferro Phosphate (LFP) battery, and it is believed that it exploded due to overheating. However, Ansari's family blames the EV scooter manufacturers for the 'faulty' battery. 

Unfortunately, India has witnessed electric scooter battery fires since the onset of 2022. 

Earlier, an EV fire occurred in Andhra Pradesh, where the battery of an electric two-wheeler detonated in a house, killing one person and injuring three others. The shocking event occurred in Vijayawada when the detachable battery of the vehicle was kept on charging in his bedroom and it suddenly exploded in the early hours when all were fast asleep.

Image Source: Google
Advertisement