Dia Mirza Joins Hands With The UN Again, Comes On Board As An Official SDG Advocate
A proud moment for India as former Miss Asia Pacific and actress Dia Mirza has come together, yet again, with the United Nations to help them in their efforts to reach the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) by 2030. She along with 5 other influential public figures across the globe have been assigned as the new SDG advocates
BEST DRESSED & WORST DRESSED At 64TH Filmfare Awards 2019: Mouni Roy, Katrina Kaif, Deepika Padukone, Alia Bhatt Or Sonam Kapoor?
STUNNER OR BUMMER: Priyanka Chopra, Tara Sutaria, Bhumi Pednekar, Shilpa Shetty Or Dia Mirza?
STUNNER OR BUMMER: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Kareena Kapoor Khan, Ankita Lokhande, Janhvi Kapoor Or Dia Mirza?
Rajkumar Hirani’s #MeToo Controversy Has Left Dia Mirza ‘Deeply Distressed’
Dia Mirza has once again made India proud. The actress, who won the Miss Asia Pacific title in 2000, was appointed as the UN Environment Goodwill ambassador in 2017 and has been working for the cause diligently ever since. And now, she has come on board as the official Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) advocate with the United Nations. Dia will join the UN’s effort to achieve their SDG goals by 2030, which include eradication of extreme hunger and poverty and also raising the quality of living for all.
Along with Dia, 5 more influential public figures across the
globe have been appointed as the new SDG advocates. Here’s the list of new
advocates who have signed up for peace, prosperity, people and planet on the
road to 2030.
· - His Royal Highness Muhammadu Sanusi II, Emir of Kano (Federal Republic of Nigeria).
· - Hindou Oumarou Ibrahim, Activist, Environment and Indigenous Rights (Republic of Chad).
- Dia Mirza, Actress and Film Producer, UN
Environment Program Goodwill Ambassador for India (Republic of India).
· - Edward Ndopu, Founder, Global Strategies on Inclusive Education (Republic of South Africa).
· - Nadia Murad, Nobel Laureate, Chair and President, Nadia’s Initiative, UN Office on Drugs and Crime Goodwill Ambassador (Republic of Iraq).
· - Marta Vieira da Silva, Footballer, Orlando Pride, UN Women Goodwill Ambassador (Federative Republic of Brazil). “By joining forces to achieve our goals, we can turn hope into reality – leaving no one behind,” said Co-Chair of the SDG Advocates group, Prime Minister Erna Solberg of Norway.
Meanwhile, Co-Chair of the SDG Advocates and President of Ghana, Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo added, “This is a time of great hope for the world. If we work smartly together and stay on course, we can raise millions out of poverty and significantly expand basic social services for many more by the 2030 end date of the SDGs.”We wish Dia many congratulations and are sure she will do the nation proud by bringing about a change in the said cause.