National Cheese Day is celebrated on June 4 every year in the United States Of America. The day is celebrated to enjoy different recipes of cheese. Cheese is the most loved dairy product of people, especially youngsters. As it pairs perfectly with sandwiches, pizzas, burgers and crackers. On the occassion of National Cheese Day, we are here to share the imteresting fact about your favourite cheese.
Cheese is said to have been first made in Egypt and Greece thousands of years ago. Cheese is rich in calcium, protein and other nutrients which can improve health. However, it has to be eaten in moderation, as it is also a bit high in calories. Feta cheese is one of the healthiest compared to other cheese varieties, as it is low in calories and fats.
5 Interesting Facts About Cheese
1. Cheese was first created accidentally, by storing milk in a container lined with an animal's stomach. The enzyme from the stomach resulted in seperation of milk into a liquid and solid form. The solid part called as cheese and the liquid was whey.
2. Cheese which was made from raw milk and kept for 60 days is banned from entering the United States.
3. American cheesemakers contruct their seperate cheese caves to store this dairy product.
4. Parmesan and cheddar cheese, are usually stored for longer period and this of cheese are good for people who are lactose intolerant. Parmesan cheese is carbs free and lactose free.
5. Gouda cheese is mostly used in sandwiches and crackers and accounts for over half of the world’s cheese consumption.
image source: instagram/ taleitalei
They say the best things in life are free! India’s favourite music channels 9XM, 9X Jalwa, 9X Jhakaas & 9X Tashan are available Free-To-Air. Make a request for these channels from your Cable, DTH or HITS operator.