Jennifer Mistry Bansiwal Accuses TMKOC’s Producer Asit Kumarr Modi Of Sexual Harassment; Actress QUITS Show After 15 Years

Jennifer Mistry Bansiwal essays the role of Mrs Roshan Sodhi has quit Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah after accusing the producers of sexually harassing her

21383 Reads |  

Jennifer Mistry Bansiwal Accuses TMKOC’s Producer Asit Kumarr Modi Of Sexual Harassment; Actress QUITS Show After 15 Years
Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah is one of India’s longest running shows on Indian television. For over 15 years, the show has endlessly entertained the audience. Over the past few years, the show also made the headlines for the actors quitting the show. Months after Shailesh Lodha filed a complaint against the makers over his pending due, another actor has now quit the show. Jennifer Mistry Bansiwal, who essays the role of Mrs Roshan Sodhi, has left the show after she was harassed by the producers. 

According to the report by ETimes, she has filed a complaint against producer Asit Kumarr Modi, Project Head Sohail Ramani, and executive producer Jatin Bajaj of sexual misconduct at the workplace. As per the report, the actress stopped shooting for the show two months ago, her last scene having been shot on March 7. Talking about the same, she recalled how she was “subjected to humiliation and insult” at the hands of Ramanu and Bajaj. ALSO READ: TMKOC Producer Asit Kumarr Modi Lashes Out At Shailesh Lodha For Filling A Case Over Unpaid Dues; Says, ‘Ek Dinn Jhagda Hota Hai Aur Woh Bura Ho Jaata Hai’


Recalling the entire incident, she shared to the publication that the incident took place on March 7 when it was her wedding anniversary and Holi. She had informed the makers earlier that she wanted a half day since her daughter was really excited to celebrate the day with her. She added, “I was asked to get off the sets four times by Sohail Ramani and the executive producer tried to stop my car by standing behind it and was not allowing me to leave the sets. I told them I worked on the show for 15 years and they couldn't forcefully stop me and while I was leaving Sohil threatened me.” ALSO READ: Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah: Shailesh Lodha SUES Producer Asit Kumarr Modi Over Unpaid Dues- REPORTS

Calling the place 'male chauvinistic,’ she explained the entire incident has been recorded in the CCTV footage. The 44-year-old revealed how she had expected a call back from the producers, however, they sent her a notice on March 24 stating that “I left the shoot and they are losing money. This was ulta chor Kotwal ko Dante. They wanted to scare me.” She further added that on April 4th, she replied to them that she was subjected to sexual harassment. When she sent them a draft, they reverted back by “saying I was trying to extort money from them.”

She expressed how she wants a public apology and with the help of her lawyer she has sent a notice to the producers, and sent a registry to the government authorities. She is awaiting a revert on the same. 
Image Source: Instagram
Advertisement