Shah Rukh Khan was in Vancouver a few days back, as he became the first Indian actor to speak at TED Talk, hosted in the city.
He spoke about humanity, fame, love and what the future holds for the world. Here are 15 such quotes from his impactful speech which will prove that SRK is undoubtedly one of the most precious gems of the Indian film industry:
1. "I sell dreams and I peddle love to millions of people back home in India, who assume that I am the best lover in the world."
2. “It was claimed on the internet that he (AbRam) was the love child of the first child who was 15 years old.”
3. “I tried to get into a skin-tight superhero suit, trying to ‘reinvent’ myself. I must admit, I failed miserably.”
4. "My face is beginning to look like my Madam Tussaud's wax statue. I often ask myself whether I should change my face,"
5. "I want humanity to be an ageing movie star - a self-obsessed lover. Completely and apologetically in love with itself."
Image Source: youtube/TEDTalks
6. “I really thought that gay was a sophisticated English word for happy. And Lesbian, of course, was the capital of Portugal, as you all know,”
7. “Adidas,” somebody wrote back to one of my more thought-provoking tweets and I was wondering why would you name a sneaker, I mean, why would you write back the name of a sneaker to me? And I asked my 16-year-old daughter, and she enlightened me. “Adidas” now means “All day I dream about sex.”
8. "I have been made to understand that there a lot of you who haven't seen my work and I feel really sad for you. That doesn't take away from fact that I am completely self-obsessed, as a movie star should be."
9. "I truly believe that humanity is a lot like me. It is an ageing movie star, grappling with all the newness around itself, wondering whether it got it right in the first place and still trying to find a way to keep on shining regardless."
10. "By the time I was 40, I was really flying. I had done 50 films by then and 200 songs and I had been knighted by the Malaysians and given the highest civilian honour by the French government. Humanity was soaring with me. We were both flying off the handle actually."
11. "Everything I said took a new meaning, everything I did- good, bad, ugly was there for the world to comment upon and judge. Everything that I didn't say or do was met with the same fate."
12. "Reality became virtual and virtual became real. I started to feel that I couldn't be who I wanted to be or say what I actually thought. And humanity at this time completely identified with me. Both of us were going through mid-life crisis. Humanity, like me, was becoming an over-exposed prima donna."
Image Source: youtube/TEDTalks
13. "I tried to reconstruct my identity on social media."
14. "Neither power nor poverty can make your life more magical or less torturous... Whatever helps you survive is perhaps the oldest and simplest emotion known to mankind. And that is love."
15. "Mankind will never be the wiser about its future unless it is coupled with a sense of love and compassion for their fellow beings."
Thumbnail Image Source: twitter/TEDTalks